- Founder of Bain’s Customer Strategy & Marketing Practice
- Global leader of Bain’s Net Promoter System®
- Co-author of The Ultimate Question 2.0
Rob Markey is a partner in Bain & Company’s New York office and a leader in the firm’s Customer Strategy & Marketing practice. He joined Bain in 1990, and has led assignments in the financial services, telecommunications, retailing, media, professional services, health care, building equipment and food processing industries.
Rob is an expert in customer and employee loyalty, new product development and customer service strategies. He has extensive experience with direct marketing, new customer acquisition and cost reduction for clients in the retail banking, credit card and insurance businesses.
Rob leads the NPS Loyalty Forum, a group of approximately 35 senior executives from loyalty-leading companies around the world, such as The Vanguard Group, American Express, JetBlue, Telstra, TD Bank, LEGO, Progressive Insurance, PwC and Intuit. He has published numerous articles on various aspects of customer experience and loyalty in publications such as the Harvard Business Review. He is the co-author of The Ultimate Question 2.0: How Net Promoter Companies Thrive in a Customer-Driven World, by Harvard Business Review Press, a New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestseller.
He formerly served as head of the firm’s Customer Strategy & Marketing practice.
Prior to joining Bain, he developed competitive strategy, led business development and served in product marketing for LEXIS/NEXIS and the IBM Corporation.
Rob earned an MBA from the Harvard Business School. He is a graduate of Brown University, where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics. Rob helped found and for nearly a decade, served on the Board of Directors of City Year New York.
- “Hint Water: Plumbing a Sweet Spot in the Market,” The Net Promoter System Podcast, 2021年8月26日, Podcast
- “Recovering the Spirit of Customer-centricity,” The Net Promoter System Podcast, 2021年8月5日, Podcast
- “Rob Markey - Partner in Bain & Company and Creator of the Net Promoter System,” Apple Podcasts, 2021年5月4日
- “Restoring Customers to the Rhythm of Their Lives,” The Net Promoter System Podcast, 2021年3月4日, Podcast
- “Break the Short-Term Earnings Trap: How to Invest in Customer Value,” Webinar, 2020年11月19日