- Global leader of Bain’s Customer Experience solution
Gerard du Toit is a partner in Bain & Company’s Boston office. He leads Bain’s global Customer Experience capabilities, as well as the Banking and Payments sector of Bain's Financial Services practice in North America.
He has worked with industry leaders around the globe to help them transform their businesses to reliably deliver delightful customer experiences, with better outcomes for customers, employees and shareholders. This involves developing a prioritized business and technology roadmap, simplifying and digitizing end-to-end experiences, fostering a customer-centric culture, and changing the operating model to drive a faster pace of change.
Gerard is also the lead author of Bain’s annual Customer Loyalty in Retail Banking report, which has tracked trends in bank customer loyalty, behavior and usage across 25+ countries since 2010. He has written numerous other publications and is regularly quoted in the global media.
Gerard is the former Chairman of Bain’s Worldwide Compensation & Promotion Committee and served on Bain’s Board of Directors. Early in his career he spent two years helping to launch Bain’s office in South Africa, returning to Boston in 1997.
Prior to joining Bain in 1990, Gerard was involved in the successful start-up of a credit union, serving on the board and as the COO and then CFO.
He earned his BS in economics, magna cum laude, from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business, and received an MBA with Honors from the Harvard Business School.
- “Voting with Their Feet: Banking Consumers Want a Seamless Digital Experience,” インフォグラフィック, 2021年12月14日
- ““No Credit Card” Is the New Credit Card,” スナップチャート, 2021年8月2日
- “Digital Banking Surges, but Don’t Dismiss the Human Touch Just Yet,” スナップチャート, 2021年1月15日
- “As Digital Banking Takes Off, Hidden Defection of Consumers Is Rampant,” 論説, 2021年1月13日
- “Many Banks Have Impressed Customers Recently—Can They Extend This Streak? ,” 論説, 2020年11月6日
In the News
- “Digital banking grows during Covid-19 as consumers look beyond their primary banks for product options,” Press release, 2021年2月1日
- “Every Tech Company Wants to Be a Bank,” Wired, 2019年11月16日, 金融サービス
- “Google is getting into banking to take back the business it lost to Amazon,” CNBC, 2019年11月13日, 金融サービス
- “Mobile payments have barely caught on in the US, despite the rise of smartphones,” CNBC, 2019年8月29日, 銀行
- “Why Schwab’s CEO Bets You Won’t Be Trading Stocks on Amazon,” Bloomberg, 2018年4月25日, 銀行