- Global leader of Bain’s Customer Experience solution
Gerard du Toit is a partner in Bain & Company’s Boston office. He leads Bain’s global Customer Experience capabilities, as well as the Banking and Payments sector of Bain's Financial Services practice in North America.
He has worked with industry leaders around the globe to help them transform their businesses to reliably deliver delightful customer experiences, with better outcomes for customers, employees and shareholders. This involves developing a prioritized business and technology roadmap, simplifying and digitizing end-to-end experiences, fostering a customer-centric culture, and changing the operating model to drive a faster pace of change.
Gerard is also the lead author of Bain’s annual Customer Loyalty in Retail Banking report, which has tracked trends in bank customer loyalty, behavior and usage across 25+ countries since 2010. He has written numerous other publications and is regularly quoted in the global media.
Gerard is the former Chairman of Bain’s Worldwide Compensation & Promotion Committee and served on Bain’s Board of Directors. Early in his career he spent two years helping to launch Bain’s office in South Africa, returning to Boston in 1997.
Prior to joining Bain in 1990, Gerard was involved in the successful start-up of a credit union, serving on the board and as the COO and then CFO.
He earned his BS in economics, magna cum laude, from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business, and received an MBA with Honors from the Harvard Business School.
- “More Digital, More Flex: Retail Banking Behavior amid Covid-19,” 論説, 2020年9月8日
- “Customer Experience Tools and Trends: Let No Tool Stand Alone,” レポート, 2020年9月8日
- “Covid-19: Coming Out of the Crisis Stronger by Accelerating Digital,” Webinar, 2020年4月17日
- “How to Come Out Stronger from the Covid-19 Crisis: Accelerate Simple and Digital,” 論説, 2020年4月1日
- “A Customer Experience Leader’s Checklist for Responding to Covid-19,” インフォグラフィック, 2020年3月26日
In the News
- “Every Tech Company Wants to Be a Bank,” Wired, 2019年11月16日, 金融サービス
- “Google is getting into banking to take back the business it lost to Amazon,” CNBC, 2019年11月13日, 金融サービス
- “Mobile payments have barely caught on in the US, despite the rise of smartphones,” CNBC, 2019年8月29日, 銀行
- “Why Schwab’s CEO Bets You Won’t Be Trading Stocks on Amazon,” Bloomberg, 2018年4月25日, 銀行
- “Video: You May Soon Have a Checking Account With Amazon,” The Street, 2018年3月31日, 銀行