- Global leader of Bain’s Customer Experience solution
Gerard du Toit is a partner in Bain & Company’s Boston office. He leads Bain’s global Customer Experience capabilities, as well as the Banking and Payments sector of Bain's Financial Services practice in North America.
He has worked with industry leaders around the globe to help them transform their businesses to reliably deliver delightful customer experiences, with better outcomes for customers, employees and shareholders. This involves developing a prioritized business and technology roadmap, simplifying and digitizing end-to-end experiences, fostering a customer-centric culture, and changing the operating model to drive a faster pace of change.
Gerard is also the lead author of Bain’s annual Customer Loyalty in Retail Banking report, which has tracked trends in bank customer loyalty, behavior and usage across 25+ countries since 2010. He has written numerous other publications and is regularly quoted in the global media.
Gerard is the former Chairman of Bain’s Worldwide Compensation & Promotion Committee and served on Bain’s Board of Directors. Early in his career he spent two years helping to launch Bain’s office in South Africa, returning to Boston in 1997.
Prior to joining Bain in 1990, Gerard was involved in the successful start-up of a credit union, serving on the board and as the COO and then CFO.
He earned his BS in economics, magna cum laude, from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business, and received an MBA with Honors from the Harvard Business School.
- “Covid-19: Coming Out of the Crisis Stronger by Accelerating Digital,” Webinar, abril 17, 2020
- “How to Come Out Stronger from the Covid-19 Crisis: Accelerate Simple and Digital,” Brief, abril 01, 2020
- “A Customer Experience Leader’s Checklist for Responding to Covid-19,” Infographic, marzo 26, 2020
- “Tech Companies Gain Ground with Banking Customers,” Snap Chart, noviembre 25, 2019
- “What Loyalty-Leading Banks Do Differently,” Snap Chart, noviembre 25, 2019
In the News
- “Every Tech Company Wants to Be a Bank,” Wired, noviembre 16, 2019, Financial Services
- “Google is getting into banking to take back the business it lost to Amazon,” CNBC, noviembre 13, 2019, Financial Services
- “Mobile payments have barely caught on in the US, despite the rise of smartphones,” CNBC, agosto 29, 2019, Banking
- “Why Schwab’s CEO Bets You Won’t Be Trading Stocks on Amazon,” Bloomberg, abril 25, 2018, Banking
- “Video: You May Soon Have a Checking Account With Amazon,” The Street, marzo 31, 2018, Banking