Rodrigo Rubio is a partner in the Mexico City office of Bain & Company. He leads Bain Mexico's Telecommunications, Media and Technology practices as well as the Organization practice. He is also Bain Mexico City's office head.
Rodrigo has more than 20 years of industry and management consulting experience. He delivers strategies that work for leading companies.
His work at Bain has focused mostly on service industries, such as telecommunications and financial services, and he advises clients on the topics of strategy and organization. He has significant experience working with private equity clients, covering transactions and post-acquisition value creation in many industries such as consumer goods, retail and healthcare. He has led numerous cases and, while focused primarily in Mexico and Latin America, has served clients in Europe and Asia as well.
Outside of Bain, Rodrigo serves a mentor with Endeavor, where he volunteers his time as advisor to Mexican entrepreneurs. He typically sits on two advisory boards at any given time.
Prior to joining Bain in 2008, Rodrigo spent three years as EVP of SME Market at Telmex and before that was a partner at another consulting firm.
He holds a BA in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering from UNAM for which he received the Gabino Barreda Medal, and a PhD in Operations Research from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- “COVID-19: Retos y Oportunidades para el Sector Empresarial Mexicano,” agosto 05, 2020
- “Experiencias simples y digitales, la clave para retener y deleitar a clientes bancarios en la nueva normalidad post-COVID-19: Bain & Company,” Press release, julio 24, 2020
- “Acelerando por la recuperación,” Webinar, junio 26, 2020
- “Is Your Supply Chain Ready for a Nafta Overhaul?,” Brief, agosto 03, 2017
- “Plugging into Emerging Electricity Markets,” Brief, febrero 03, 2016