Tracy Thurkow is an expert partner in our Results Delivery® practice, based in Atlanta.
Tracy has extensive experience in change implementation, with a specialty in large-scale behavior change. Her experience includes: global functional transformations, implementing structural change, post-merger and post-divestiture organizational effectiveness and global strategy and program deployment.
Tracy has worked with a wide variety of private and publicly held Global 1,000 companies across numerous industries, and has most recently focused in consumer goods, financial services and pharmaceuticals. Her additional capabilities include new leader transition support, executive coaching, “Top 100” leadership events, and developing client capability in change leadership.
Tracy has been published in numerous periodicals including "Pharmaceutical Technology", "Training Magazine", "Workforce Solutions Review", "Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Magazine", and "Six Sigma Forum Magazine." She has also contributed to the books The Behavior Breakthrough and Preparing CEOs for Success: What I Wish I Knew.
Prior to joining Bain, she worked for another consulting firm, where she held firm-wide leadership positions including Chief Operating Officer, Chief People Officer and Practice Area Leader in Transformational Change.
Tracy earned a PhD in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from Auburn University and a BS in Psychology and Business from Western Michigan University.
- “Creating Change on the Front Line: The Business Rewards of Stargazing ,” Article, junio 24, 2020
- “Covid-19 Creates a Moment of Truth for Corporate Culture,” Brief, abril 01, 2020
- “Tracy Thurkow: Effecting Cultural Change through Zero-based Budgeting,” Video, noviembre 16, 2018
- “Why Zero-Based Budgeting Goes Wrong,” Brief, junio 13, 2018
- “Unexpected Lessons in Sales Transformation from Little League,” Managing Change Blog, agosto 18, 2017, Article