WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH:
Bain's Summer Associate (SA) program is more than just a summer internship. It’s a springboard to your whole career and could quite possibly be the best summer of your life. It’s an ideal opportunity for MBAs or advanced degree candidates [e.g., JD, PhD, MD] who would like to experience the real world of consulting while getting insight into what a future with Bain would be like.
The program starts with an intensive training to learn core consulting skills. You’ll work alongside Bain knowledge experts tackling complex business challenges and use your skills to help drive change in a range of organizations from global leaders to start-ups. Most SAs are amazed at the wealth of industry knowledge, client management and communication skills they acquire. You’ll also have the opportunity to secure a full-time offer to join Bain as a consultant upon completion of your studies.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Client confidentiality means we cannot tempt you with our clients’ names, but whether you’re interested in consumer electronics, finance, transportation, healthcare, energy or non-profits, the chances are good that you already know the clients we work with. They are well-known leaders in their respective industries. Over the course of the summer - often at the global office of your choice - you will work directly with case teams and clients to solve business problems and drive change, being immersed in the responsibilities of a full-time Bain consultant, including...
- Working closely with full-time consultants [who will provide coaching and mentoring]
- Working with clients from Fortune 500 companies, midsize firms, non-profits and start-ups across many fast-changing industries such as consumer goods and retail, technology and telecommunication, financial services, industrial products, private equity and many others
- Presenting the results of your work to Partners and clients
- Applying knowledge and skills from your first year of business school, you will gain access to an unparalleled range and depth of opportunities
The following are typical requirements for the Summer Associate Internship. Please check our office information for exact deadlines, any office-specific requirements and application information.
- Studying for an MBA or advanced degree from a top business school or university
- A solid team player who’s also an independent thinker
- A robust analytical skillset, endless curiosity and a penchant to think the impossible
- Must be deadline driven, organized and able to multi-task
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills are important
- Fluency in English
- Any additional language and visa requirements for the office you wish to join
For all locations, the good-faith reasonable annualized full-time compensation for this role is commensurate with competitive geographic market rates. Additionally, in some locations compensation may vary based on several factors including, but not limited to relevant experience, education, licensure/certifications, training and skill level.
Compensation for this role in the United States includes a monthly base salary of $16,000 and Bain’s best-in-class benefits package (details listed below).
Bain & Company's comprehensive U.S. benefits and wellness program is designed to help employees achieve personal independence, protection and stability in the areas most important to you and your family.
Bain pays 100% individual employee premiums for medical, dental and vision programs, offering one of the most comprehensive medical plans for employees without impacting your paycheck.
WHAT MAKES US A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
We are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the world's best places to work, a champion of diversity and a model of social responsibility. We are currently ranked the #1 consulting firm on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor's list for the last 13 years. We believe that diversity, inclusion and collaboration is key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother, Glassdoor and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to work for diversity and inclusion, women, LGBTQ and parents.