Charles Ormiston is the founding partner of our Southeast Asia business, where he served as managing partner from 1995 to 2007. He formerly led our Retail practice in Asia-Pacific and is a heavy contributor to our Transformation and Strategy practices.
He has more than 25 years of experience with Bain.
Charlie advises clients on transformational change across a broad range of industries, including retail, consumer products, technology, telecommunications, logistics and government. Having first located to Singapore in 1986, he has developed expertise on the strategy, operational and organizational issues facing business leaders in the Asia-Pacific region.
In addition to his client work, Charlie has served on Bain's worldwide management committee, co-led a comprehensive review of Bain's global strategy and supported the opening of several new offices in developing markets. He currently chairs Bain's Global Nominating Committee.
Outside of Bain, he is a Trustee of the Singapore University of Technology and Design. He has also sat on the boards of the United World College of SE Asia (Chair), IDA Singapore, Sentosa Development Corporation, Media Development Authority of Singapore and MediaCorp.
Charles earned an MBA with high distinction from Harvard Business School, where he was named a Baker Scholar. He is a permanent resident of Singapore and has spent most of his life abroad, with residence in Asia, Canada, Latin America and Europe.
- “Будущее розничной торговли: выигрышные модели новой эры,” Brief, 10.06.2019
- “Choreographing a Full Potential Transformation,” Brief, 09.04.2014
- “One recession, but unique strategic responses,” The Edge, 23.03.2009 , Article
- “Achieving an M&A's Strategic Goals at Maximum Speed for Maximum Value,” Article, 01.05.2003
- “Achieving the Promise: Five ways to lead mergers to results,” Brief, 05.12.2002