Franz-Robert is responsible for Bain's private equity activities for healthcare providers in EMEA. He has more than 20 years of industry and management consulting experience, working with multinational client teams and investors to develop new strategies for lasting results.
Throughout his career in the healthcare industry and at Bain, Franz-Robert has developed extensive experience within biotech and pharmaceuticals, as well as medical technologies and providers, while maintaining a close interest in adjacent areas such as vaccines, diagnostics, specialty chemicals and high-tech materials.
Franz-Robert holds deep expertise in corporate and business unit strategy development, as well as performance improvement and commercial review and valuation with a robust perspective on related non-healthcare industries. He covers the entire M&A value chain for healthcare and healthcare PE clients and maintains a strong interest in commercial due diligence, corporate M&A, merger integration, R&D and product development, pricing and reimbursement and manufacturing.
Franz-Robert has applied his consulting expertise globally with Bain, having served clients out of Bain's Boston office between 2003 and 2006.
Prior to joining Bain in 2000, Franz-Robert was active in the pharmaceutical industry as a Technology Transfer Manager, where he was responsible for major projects and alliances in the area of biotechnology. He started his career at Hoechst AG (now Sanofi).
He received a degree in chemistry from the Technical University of Munich, where he also earned his doctorate.
- “Europe: Healthcare Deal Values Rise as Private Equity Looks for Scale,” Report, 08.03.2020
- “Growing popularity of healthcare expected to continue, says Bain,” Private Equity News, 08.03.2020 , Здравоохранение
- “The sectors going through drastic change,” Private Equity News, 04.10.2019 , Прямые инвестиции
- “Retail Healthcare Continues to Consolidate in Europe,” Brief, 10.06.2019
- “Europe: Robust Activity Despite Long-Term Uncertainty,” Report, 17.04.2019