Stephen Phillips is a partner based in Bain & Company's London office. He leads the firm's global Enterprise Technology practice.
Stephen is an IT, reengineering and outsourcing specialist with more than 20 years of related experience. He has led the end-to-end process and systems transformation for a top three global insurance broker; supported a two year IT transformation programme for one of Europe’s largest industrial companies and led a product development transformation for a leading global software company. He has also directed a number of due diligence assignments for investors in the IT services and BPO industries.
Before joining Bain in 2002, Stephen worked for Gemini Consulting.
He holds an MEng degree in electrical & mechanical engineering from Queen Mary College, University of London.
- “How to Keep Control of an IT System That's Outsourced to Multiple Suppliers,” Forbes.com, 15.05.2016 , Article
- “Taming the Hydra: Keeping Control in Multisourced IT Environments,” Brief, 22.12.2015
- “Improving IT Services with a Factory Mindset,” Brief, 08.07.2015
- “Rebooting IT: What Separates Digital Leaders from the Rest,” Brief, 10.06.2015
- “For insurance companies, the day of digital reckoning,” Brief, 18.03.2013