Suvir Varma is a senior advisor to Bain’s Global Private Equity business.
He was formerly the Head of Bain’s APAC Private Equity and Sovereign Wealth Fund practices.
Suvir works with leading global and Asia-based PE firms and institutional investors, including SWFs, to help them realize value across the investment value chain―from firm strategy and sector screens to commercial due diligence and portfolio company value creation.
He has over 30 years of relevant experience in investment banking, consulting and private equity. Over the last decade, he has focused on advising private capital institutional investors across the world. In addition, he has led corporate strategy and turnaround efforts with clients across multiple sectors including financial services, healthcare, retail, oil & gas, and technology.
Prior to joining Bain, Suvir was a Principal with another global consulting firm in Singapore and the head of the firm's Strategy practice in the region and was also Country Head for their business in Thailand. Suvir started his professional career in the investment banking industry in North America.
Suvir is active with the Singapore Venture Capital and Private Equity Association (SVCA) and works with a number of other bodies focused on advancing the private capital industry in Asia. He has authored several reports and articles on PE in Asia and speaks regularly at investing conferences across the region. Beyond his role at Bain, he is an advisor to a mid-market PE firm and a regional multi-family office and sits on the Board of several companies.
Suvir holds an MBA from The Booth Graduate School of Business at the University of Chicago and a BS in business administration from Babson College and has called Singapore home for the last 25 years.
- “Bain’s 2022 Southeast Asia Private Equity Report,” Webinar, 10.05.2022
- “Southeast Asia private equity market hits record deal value of $25 billion in 2021 rebounding from sharp 2020 decline,” Press release, 10.05.2022
- “Lessons from a Challenging Year for Private Equity in Southeast Asia,” Infographic, 25.05.2021
- “Southeast Asia Private Equity – Emerging from Covid-19,” Webinar, 21.05.2021
- “What Comes Next for Private Equity in Southeast Asia,” Video, 21.05.2021