David has more than 20 years of consulting experience and is a trusted adviser and partner to clients.
Since joining Bain in 1993, David has worked with senior clients in industries including telecommunications, computing, software and services and manufacturing. This work includes software, systems and silicon design and manufacturing within PC, data center, cloud, high-performance computing and networking environments.
David has particular depth in helping clients orchestrate company-wide transformations to their next stage of value creation including value creation plan, strategy, org and talent. His experience in private equity brings a sharp shareholder mindset to his work.
Prior to joining Bain, David was a research engineer at Exxon Production Research in Houston, Texas. He holds a Masters in computational mechanics from Stanford University and two bachelor's degrees in materials science and engineering from Rice University, summa cum laude. David was awarded a National Science Foundation Ph.D. fellowship. He earned his MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business with distinction as an Arjay Miller Scholar.
- “No second chances: Surviving in tech requires innovation and ability to adapt ,” Press release, octubre 19, 2020
- “Fast-Forward Darwin: The Speed Imperative in Tech ,” Report, octubre 14, 2020
- “A General Manager’s View of Technology Markets,” Report, octubre 14, 2020
- “Covid-19: The Unanticipated Catalyst,” Report, octubre 14, 2020
- “Creating Value in Tech through Constant Reinvention,” Report, octubre 14, 2020