David has more than 20 years of consulting experience and is a trusted adviser and partner to clients.
Since joining Bain in 1993, David has worked with senior clients in industries including telecommunications, computing, software and services and manufacturing. This work includes software, systems and silicon design and manufacturing within PC, data center, cloud, high-performance computing and networking environments.
David has particular depth in helping clients orchestrate company-wide transformations to their next stage of value creation including value creation plan, strategy, org and talent. His experience in private equity brings a sharp shareholder mindset to his work.
Prior to joining Bain, David was a research engineer at Exxon Production Research in Houston, Texas. He holds a Masters in computational mechanics from Stanford University and two bachelor's degrees in materials science and engineering from Rice University, summa cum laude. David was awarded a National Science Foundation Ph.D. fellowship. He earned his MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business with distinction as an Arjay Miller Scholar.
- “Why Tech Companies Must Quickly Evolve to Stay in the Game,” Infographic, gennaio 2021
- “Disruption, Not Regulation, Should Be Tech Companies’ Top Concern,” HBR.org, dicembre 2020, Article
- “Information Boom: Data Evolves as It Explodes,” Snap Chart, dicembre 2020
- “The 2020 Tech Report: Get on the Right Side of Creative Destruction,” Dry Powder: The Private Equity Podcast, dicembre 2020, Podcast
- “The 2020 Tech Report: Get Your Head in the Clouds,” Dry Powder: The Private Equity Podcast, dicembre 2020, Podcast