David has more than 20 years of consulting experience and is a trusted adviser and partner to clients.
Since joining Bain in 1993, David has worked with senior clients in industries including telecommunications, computing, software and services and manufacturing. This work includes software, systems and silicon design and manufacturing within PC, data center, cloud, high-performance computing and networking environments.
David has particular depth in helping clients orchestrate company-wide transformations to their next stage of value creation including value creation plan, strategy, org and talent. His experience in private equity brings a sharp shareholder mindset to his work.
Prior to joining Bain, David was a research engineer at Exxon Production Research in Houston, Texas. He holds a Masters in computational mechanics from Stanford University and two bachelor's degrees in materials science and engineering from Rice University, summa cum laude. David was awarded a National Science Foundation Ph.D. fellowship. He earned his MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business with distinction as an Arjay Miller Scholar.
- “The Impact of US-China Tensions on Tech Investment,” Video, 11. Oktober 2021
- “Artificial Intelligence: Who Will Lead the Next Era?,” Report, 20. September 2021
- “The Semiconductor Equilibrium Is Shifting,” Report, 20. September 2021
- “Regulate with Care: The Case for Big Tech M&A,” Report, 20. September 2021
- “Tech-tonic Shifts: Technology Is Reshaping the Global Economy,” Report, 20. September 2021