- Head of our Greater China Consumer Products Practice
He has more than 15 years of industry and management consulting experience.
Derek advises clients across a range of industries, including private equity, consumer products, industrial goods & services and financial services. He holds deep expertise in strategy, organization, mergers & acquisitions, customer strategy & marketing and performance improvement.
Prior to joining Bain in 2009, Derek was a Vice President in Corporate Banking at HSBC.
He holds an MBA from the University of Chicago and a BA in Business Administration from Peking University.
- “The changing face of China’s FMCG industry: Slowdown of the industry’s recovery and the uncertain future of insurgent brands,” Press release, diciembre 16, 2021
- “A Sudden Slowdown in 2021’s FMCG Recovery … and the Mixed Fate of China’s Insurgent Brands,” Report, diciembre 14, 2021
- “FMCG sales were flat in 2020 vs. 2019, with several shifts across price segments, categories, channels and city tiers,” Press release, julio 29, 2021
- “Inside China's Subtle FMCG Recovery,” Report, junio 30, 2021
- “After Five Years of Premiumization, Covid-19 Delivers Deflation in China FMCG ,” Report, diciembre 02, 2020