Miguel Simoes de Melo is a partner in our London office. He is the head of our Europe, Middle East and Africa Strategy practice, and a member of our Digital, Technology and Cloud Services, Communications and Media, and Advanced Manufacturing & Services practices.
He has nearly 20 years of management consulting experience, advising clients throughout Europe, the United States, Australia and Latin America.
Miguel advises clients across a range of industries, including telecommunications, technology, industrial goods and services, consumer goods and retail, as well as the investment and private equity sectors. He holds deep expertise in full potential digital transformations, covering customer experience, omni-channel redesign, operations digitization, digital operating model, new digital business, performance improvement, cost optimization (opex, sourcing, manufacturing, G&A), M&A and post-merger integration.
Outside of his client work, Miguel has held internal roles within Bain's recruiting, training, staffing and professional development departments. He previously worked in Bain's Sydney, New York, San Francisco and Madrid office.
Prior to joining Bain in 2004, Miguel worked for another consulting firm, serving clients in Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and the Caribbean Basin. He was also an investment analyst for a major Private Equity Group.
He earned an MBA from Wharton Business School, a Master's degree in international studies from University of Pennsylvania and a BA/CPA in business administration and accounting from Universidad Catolica.
- “A Strategy for Embracing Uncertainty ,” Brief, julio 20, 2021
- “Telcos and Their Infrastructure: The Wave of Separations is Not Over,” Infographic, mayo 25, 2020
- “Miguel Simoes de Melo: The Secrets of Successful Telecom Challengers,” Video, noviembre 16, 2018
- “The Art of Battling Telecom Goliaths,” Brief, octubre 29, 2018
- “Using the Next Recession to Change the Game,” Brief, octubre 22, 2018