Miguel Simoes de Melo is a partner in Bain & Company's London office. He is a leader in Bain's Strategy, Digital, Telecommunications, Media, Technology (TMT) and Advanced Manufacturing & Services practices.
He has nearly 20 years of management consulting experience, advising clients throughout Europe, the United States, Australia and Latin America.
Miguel advises clients across a range of industries, including telecommunications, technology, industrial goods and services, consumer goods and retail, as well as the investment and private equity sectors. He holds deep expertise in full potential digital transformations, covering customer experience, omni-channel redesign, operations digitization, digital operating model, new digital business, performance improvement, cost optimization (opex, sourcing, manufacturing, G&A), M&A and post-merger integration.
Outside of his client work, Miguel has held internal roles within Bain's recruiting, training, staffing and professional development departments. He previously worked in Bain's Sydney, New York, San Francisco and Madrid office.
Prior to joining Bain in 2004, Miguel worked for another consulting firm, serving clients in Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and the Caribbean Basin. He was also an investment analyst for a major Private Equity Group.
He earned an MBA from Wharton Business School, a Master's degree in international studies from University of Pennsylvania and a BA/CPA in business administration and accounting from Universidad Catolica.
- “Telcos and Their Infrastructure: The Wave of Separations is Not Over,” Infografik, 25. Mai 2020
- “Miguel Simoes de Melo: The Secrets of Successful Telecom Challengers,” Video, 16. November 2018
- “The Art of Battling Telecom Goliaths,” Brief, 29. Oktober 2018
- “Using the Next Recession to Change the Game,” Brief, 22. Oktober 2018
- “Transformation statt Kahlschlag,” Brief, 2. August 2016