Pierluigi Serlenga is a partner based in Bain & Company's Rome office. He is the EMEA Aerospace, Defense & Government Services practice leader, as well as a core member of the firm's Advanced Manufacturing & Services and Performance Improvement practices.
Pierluigi has been with Bain since 2001. In that time, he has served industrial clients across numerous sectors, including aerospace, defense & government services, utilities & alternative energy, machinery, systems & equipment and construction & building products.
He has a wide range of expertise across areas such as performance improvement, transformation, organization and mergers & acquisitions, as well as both business unit and corporate-level strategy.
Pierluigi's other key competencies include manufacturing, engineering, procurement and supply chain excellence programs. He focuses particularly on operating model redesign, capability assessment and workforce planning.
Within the M&A space, Pierluigi has experience with target scouting and post-merger integration programs.
He has led several business and operational due diligences on industrial goods & services players for both financial and industrial investors. He also has significant experience in large project management, focusing on project control and risk management.
Prior to joining Bain, Pierluigi worked as a business analyst at Impemba & Associati.
He holds an MBA from the Rotterdam School of Management, as well as a degree in economics and business administration from the University of Bari.
- “Digital Tools Can Double Lean Six Sigma Savings,” Operations Management: Find Your Edge, abril 18, 2019, Article
- “Pierluigi Serlenga: Digital Orchestration in Aerospace and Defense,” Video, noviembre 15, 2018
- “Pierluigi Serlenga: Operational Performance Improvement in Industrial Companies,” Video, mayo 01, 2018
- “Five questions to shape a winning 3-D printing strategy,” IndustryWeek, octubre 30, 2015, Article
- “Five Questions to Shape a Winning 3-D Printing Strategy,” Brief, julio 20, 2015