Brenda Rainey is the executive vice president of our global Private Equity practice. She is based in Boston.
Brenda develops intellectual capital on emerging trends in the private equity industry and key product topics. Notably, for the past 10 years, she has led the creation of Bain & Company’s annual Global Private Equity Report. Brenda frequently contributes to publications on the state of the industry and other related topics, including The Wall Street Journal and The Financial Times.
With deep expertise in the industry, Brenda advises private equity firms and institutional investors on topics including asset class strategy, geographic footprint, fund operations and fund raising. Additionally, Brenda manages a global team to execute on practice operations, including strategic planning, budgeting, revenue tracking and reporting, as well as knowledge management.
She holds an MBA from Harvard Business School and a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from Cornell University.
- “Shifting Gears: Private Equity Report Midyear 2022,” Brief, julio 18, 2022
- “Raising Sector Strategy to the Next Level,” Global Private Equity Report, marzo 07, 2022, Report
- “Perspectivas del Sector de Private Equity Global y Local,” Webinar, marzo 18, 2021
- “Covid-19 Hits Private Equity: The Early Data Is Not Pretty,” Brief, mayo 15, 2020
- “The Impact of Covid-19 on Private Equity,” Brief, abril 09, 2020
In the News
- “Global Private Equity’s record-breaking performance set to collide with economic turbulence as business cycle nears its end — Bain & Company Midyear Private Equity (PE) Market Update,” Press release, julio 18, 2022
- “Private-equity fundraising surged to $459 billion in first half,” WSJ Pro Private Equity, julio 08, 2021, Private Equity
- “Private equity pays record amount for deals in Q1 2021 ,” PEHub, abril 07, 2021, Private Equity
- “Most SPACs Underperform S&P 500: Bain & Co.,” Bloomberg, marzo 03, 2021, Private Equity
- “Bain & Co, CEPRES push the transparency needle with DealEdge launch,” PE Hub, octubre 05, 2020