Peter Hanbury is a partner based in Bain & Company's San Francisco office. He is an expert in the firm's Telecommunications, Media & Technology (TMT) and Performance Improvement practices and the leader of the Manufacturing Excellence practice in the Americas.
Peter has more than 15 years of management consulting experience at Bain working in the Bay Area, Boston and Stockholm offices. He primarily advises leading technology companies on strategy and operational excellence.
Within the technology sector, Peter holds deep expertise in semiconductor front- and back-end manufacturing, as well as technology supply chains and supplier ecosystems.
Within the Performance Improvement practice, Peter focuses on manufacturing excellence. His experience encompasses the full breadth of manufacturing and related topics across the supply chain including planning, procurement, four walls manufacturing, forward/reverse logistics, information technology (IT) and research and development (R&D) as well as the digital and advanced analytic enablers.
In addition to his client work, Peter leads Bain's consultant recruiting program in the San Francisco Bay Area. Peter has prior experience across e-commerce, healthcare, private equity, utilities, financial services and consumer packaged goods.
He holds both an MBA and an undergraduate degree from Dartmouth College.
- “China is pushing to develop its own chips — but the country can’t do without foreign tech,” CNBC, octubre 24, 2021, Technology
- “Hoping to score tech gifts this holiday season? Better start shopping now,” Yahoo Finance, octubre 13, 2021, Technology
- “Critical chip machine maker ASML predicts a sales boom over the next decade,” CNBC, septiembre 29, 2021, Semiconductors
- “Semiconductors: Europe’s expensive plan to reach the top tier of chipmakers,” Financial Times, julio 21, 2021, Technology
- “Chip Shortage: Causes, Length, and Actions for Tech Companies,” Webinar, junio 29, 2021