Peter Hanbury is a partner based in Bain & Company's San Francisco office. He is an expert in the firm's Telecommunications, Media & Technology (TMT) and Performance Improvement practices and the leader of the Manufacturing Excellence practice in the Americas.
Peter has more than 15 years of management consulting experience at Bain working in the Bay Area, Boston and Stockholm offices. He primarily advises leading technology companies on strategy and operational excellence.
Within the technology sector, Peter holds deep expertise in semiconductor front- and back-end manufacturing, as well as technology supply chains and supplier ecosystems.
Within the Performance Improvement practice, Peter focuses on manufacturing excellence. His experience encompasses the full breadth of manufacturing and related topics across the supply chain including planning, procurement, four walls manufacturing, forward/reverse logistics, information technology (IT) and research and development (R&D) as well as the digital and advanced analytic enablers.
In addition to his client work, Peter leads Bain's consultant recruiting program in the San Francisco Bay Area. Peter has prior experience across e-commerce, healthcare, private equity, utilities, financial services and consumer packaged goods.
He holds both an MBA and an undergraduate degree from Dartmouth College.
- “How Long Will the Chip Shortage Last?,” Snap Chart, 3 juin 2021
- “Responding to the Automotive Chip Shortage,” Webinar, 22 février 2021
- “Beyond Cheaper and Faster: Resilience in Tech Supply Chains ,” Rapport, 14 octobre 2020
- “Digital Manufacturing: Pump Up Your Productivity,” Snap Chart, 26 septembre 2019
- “Industry 4.0: Getting Digital Manufacturing Right,” Operations Management: Find Your Edge, 30 août 2019, Article