Phil Leung is a partner in Bain’s Shanghai office. He is a leader of Bain's Asia-Pacific Mergers & Acquisitions practice and heads up the firm's Greater China Healthcare practice. He is also an active contributor to Bain's Consumer Products, Retail and Financial Services practices.
Phil is a trusted advisor to a wide range of multinational and local companies. Since joining Bain in 1996, he has worked extensively on growth strategy, transformation programs, M&A and joint ventures in Greater China and throughout Asia-Pacific. In addition to his work with clients, Phil has also led the internal development of Bain's perspectives on mergers and acquisitions, including a global study on joint ventures.
Phil has authored many articles published in international and local media outlets and his views on the M&A landscape in Asia have been widely quoted.
Phil earned his MBA from Harvard University and graduated with an undergraduate degree in business administration, with highest honors, from University of California at Berkeley.
- “Learning from Japan’s Disappointing M&A Boom,” Brief, abril 15, 2020
- “Philip Leung: China Outbound M&A ,” Video, diciembre 19, 2018
- “More Rigor Means Better Results in China’s Global Pursuit,” Brief, octubre 10, 2018
- “The Secrets to Successful Joint Ventures,” Forbes.com, abril 11, 2017, Article
- “Tapping the Unexpected Potential of Joint Ventures,” Brief, febrero 08, 2017