Phil Leung is a partner in Bain’s Shanghai office. He is a leader of Bain's Asia-Pacific Mergers & Acquisitions practice and heads up the firm's Greater China Healthcare practice. He is also an active contributor to Bain's Consumer Products, Retail and Financial Services practices.
Phil is a trusted advisor to a wide range of multinational and local companies. Since joining Bain in 1996, he has worked extensively on growth strategy, transformation programs, M&A and joint ventures in Greater China and throughout Asia-Pacific. In addition to his work with clients, Phil has also led the internal development of Bain's perspectives on mergers and acquisitions, including a global study on joint ventures.
Phil has authored many articles published in international and local media outlets and his views on the M&A landscape in Asia have been widely quoted.
Phil earned his MBA from Harvard University and graduated with an undergraduate degree in business administration, with highest honors, from University of California at Berkeley.
- “More Rigor Means Better Results in China’s Global Pursuit,” 論説, 2018年10月10日
- “The Secrets to Successful Joint Ventures,” Forbes.com, 2017年4月11日, 記事
- “Tapping the Unexpected Potential of Joint Ventures,” 論説, 2017年2月8日
- “日本企業が海外M＆Aを成功させるには,” 論説, 2016年12月13日
- “Chinese Companies, Eager to Buy Abroad, Sharpen Their M&A Skills,” Forbes.com, 2016年2月8日, 記事