Phil Leung is a partner in our Shanghai office. He is the leader of our Asia-Pacific Mergers & Acquisitions practice and heads up the firm's Greater China Healthcare practice. He is also an active contributor to Bain's Consumer Products, Retail and Financial Services practices.
Phil is a trusted advisor to a wide range of multinational and local companies. Since joining Bain in 1996, he has worked extensively on growth strategy, transformation programs, M&A and joint ventures in Greater China and throughout Asia-Pacific. In addition to his work with clients, Phil has also led the internal development of Bain's perspectives on mergers and acquisitions, including a global study on joint ventures.
Phil has authored many articles published in international and local media outlets and his views on the M&A landscape in Asia have been widely quoted.
Phil earned his MBA from Harvard University and graduated with an undergraduate degree in business administration, with highest honors, from University of California at Berkeley.
- “How M&A and Divestitures Helped Asia’s Conglomerates,” M&A Report, 2021년2월16일, Report
- “Learning from Japan’s Disappointing M&A Boom,” Brief, 2020년4월15일
- “Philip Leung: China Outbound M&A ,” Video, 2018년12월19일
- “More Rigor Means Better Results in China’s Global Pursuit,” Brief, 2018년10월10일
- “The Secrets to Successful Joint Ventures,” Forbes.com, 2017년4월11일, Article
In the News
- “Foreign asset managers are eyeing China’s vast pool of savings,” The Economist, 2021년6월10일, 사모펀드
- “Foreign asset managers are eyeing China’s vast pool of savings,” The Economist, 2021년6월8일, 사모펀드
- “Chinese firms may face more competition for overseas deals,” South China Morning Post, 2018년10월11일
- “China FDA's Sovaldi nod could usher in more fast track approvals,” S&P Global, 2017년9월29일, 제약
- “Seven steps that can spell cross-border M&A success for Chinese companies,” South China Morning Post, 2016년10월28일