Véronique Pauwels is the Managing Partner of our Amsterdam office. Over the last six years, she has been co-leading the firm's EMEA Performance Improvement practice. She is an expert in Sustained Cost Transformations. She is also a senior member of our Consumer Products and Energy and Natural Resources practices. Véronique has more than 25 years of experience supporting senior leaders and management teams in addressing their most pressing strategic challenges.
Her industry experience includes engagements with clients in consumer goods, particularly food and beverage. Within industrial goods, she focuses on the construction, building products, and chemicals industries. Within these industries, Véronique has led multiple large-scale transformations across the globe, covering top- and bottom-line acceleration, turnarounds, organization, and change management.
Outside of Bain, Véronique is part of the Board of the Concert Hall Fund. She also chaired the business working group in the Dutch "Talent naar de Top" diversity initiative, resulting in a government charter signed by more than 150 companies committing to targets increasing the number of top women in business. In 2010, she won the Young Captain Award, a prestigious prize that recognizes talented young Dutch business leaders.
Véronique joined Bain in 1996 and brings a global perspective to her clients based on her experience serving in the firm's Brussels, Johannesburg, Sydney, Melbourne, and London offices.
Véronique earned a Bachelor's and Master's degree in civil engineering and a Bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Ghent (Belgium) and all with honors. She also holds an MBA from the Vlerick School of Management (Belgium).
- “How Companies Can Make Efficiency Part of Their DNA,” Forbes.com, mayo 09, 2016, Article
- “Building Efficient Organizations,” Brief, abril 12, 2016
- “Véronique Pauwels: Gaining a Competitive Edge Through Sustained Cost Transformation,” Video, noviembre 04, 2015
- “Beyond Lean: Gaining a Competitive Edge through Sustained Cost Transformation,” Brief, octubre 07, 2015
- “Cost cutting: no pain, all gain,” Forbes.com, octubre 20, 2014, Article