Maria Gordian is a partner in our Healthcare practice. She is the head of our global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council.
With more than two decades of consulting experience, Maria advises clients across a range of healthcare sectors, including hospitals, pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies. She has extensive experience creating growth strategies, identifying operational efficiency improvements and developing turnaround programs.
Prior to joining us in 2010, Maria was a partner with another global consulting firm, where she was a leader in the pharmaceutical medical products practice for 14 years. Before becoming a consultant, she worked as a board-certified diagnostic radiologist and clinical researcher at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, where she specialized in breast cancer research, disease management and cost-effectiveness analyses. While at Penn, she was a Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholar and had an appointment at the Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics (LDI).
Maria is licensed to practice in New York. She earned an MBA from the Wharton School, where she was a Kasier Foundation Scholar, and a B.A. in History and Science from Harvard University, where she was a Harvard Scholar and Aggassiz Scholar.
- “Bain & Company announces three new leadership positions focused on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion,” Press release, agosto 26, 2020
- “Reinventing the Role of Medical Affairs,” Brief, marzo 15, 2017
- “Reducing the Risk of Noncompliance,” Pharma Executive, febrero 08, 2017, Article
- “Reducing the Risk of Noncompliance in Healthcare,” Brief, julio 27, 2016
- “Bridging the shareholder return gap in big pharma,” Brief, enero 04, 2013