Maria Gordian is a partner in our Healthcare and DEI practices and the head of our global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council. She leads our firm’s involvement in OneTen, a cross-industry coalition to connect employers with talent partners, leading non-profits and other skill-credentialing organizations that support the development of diverse talent.
With more than two decades of consulting experience, Maria advises clients across a range of healthcare sectors, including hospitals, pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies. She has extensive experience creating growth strategies, identifying operational efficiency improvements and developing turnaround programs.
Prior to joining us in 2010, Maria was a partner with another global consulting firm, where she was a leader in the pharmaceutical medical products practice for 14 years. Before becoming a consultant, she worked as a board-certified diagnostic radiologist and clinical researcher at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, where she specialized in breast cancer research, disease management and cost-effectiveness analyses. While at Penn, she was a Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholar and had an appointment at the Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics (LDI).
Maria is licensed to practice in New York. She earned an MBA from the Wharton School, where she was a Kasier Foundation Scholar, and a B.A. in History and Science from Harvard University, where she was a Harvard Scholar and Aggassiz Scholar.
- “Bain & Company announces three new leadership positions focused on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion,” Press release, 2020년8월26일
- “Reinventing the Role of Medical Affairs,” Brief, 2017년3월15일
- “Reducing the Risk of Noncompliance,” Pharma Executive, 2017년2월8일, Article
- “Reducing the Risk of Noncompliance in Healthcare,” Brief, 2016년7월27일
- “Bridging the shareholder return gap in big pharma,” Brief, 2013년1월4일