We help pharmaceutical manufacturers win in a rapidly evolving market characterized by unpredictable product pipelines and uncertain regulatory actions. We bring unmatched expertise in innovation, customer experience, cost management, organizational design, M&A and other disciplines essential to achieving and maintaining industry leadership.
As the human cost of COVID-19 rises the global pandemic is also sending shockwaves through the world economy. But, across industries and around the world, companies can take important actions now to protect the safety and health of their employees and customers, and mitigate the economic damage.Learn more
What We Do
What We Do
Bain works with leading pharmaceutical and biotech companies to:
- Avoid pitfalls that can undercut an acquisition by tailoring the integration thesis to the deal thesis, integrating where it matters, acting quickly to create value for shareholders and setting a high-growth trajectory
- Adopt and change your business models to significantly increase return on sales and deploy zero-based budgeting to ensure that every dollar works toward your strategic priorities
- Use an “episodes” approach and agile ways of working to better meet customer needs and enhance team productivity
- Craft a strategic vision and near-term roadmap to thrive in a digital market
- Develop and successfully launch products that combat rare diseases
- Maximize the benefits of global scale while managing complexity
- Help realize the full potential of your R&D and innovation capabilities by building portfolios that balance solid investments with riskier product development and leverage innovation from both internal and external sources
- Identify and develop hidden assets in areas where you share customers, share costs or have overlapping capabilities by expanding beyond the core
- Gain a competitive advantage by optimizing your data and analytical assets to make informed decisions
Featured Team Members
How We Can Help
Market Opportunity DefinitionMarket Opportunity Definition
A smart go-to-market strategy begins with a bottoms-up view of market potential and share, yet most companies omit this crucial first step. Market Opportunity Definition helps you develop a clear view of the opportunity and the upside.
Commercial Operations AnalyzerCommercial Operations Analyzer
Commercial Operations Analyzer benchmarks your organization against hundreds of others, to reveal your maturity level across strategy, execution, talent and digital enablement.
Promotions are critical to retailer profitability, yet are often ineffective and can even hurt customer perceived value. Our unique Promotions approach combines testing and machine learning to boost your bottom line today as you build long-term customer loyalty.