Dr. Dirk Vater is a partner in Bain & Company's Frankfurt office. He leads the firm's Financial Services practice in EMEA. He is also a member of the leadership team of Bain's global Digital practice.
Dirk has more than 25 years of management consulting experience in financial services institutions.
He advises clients around the globe in major transformation programs and in strategy development, especially for retail banking, wealth management, SME and corporate banking.
In the last decade, Dirk particularly focused on digitalization projects for global financial institutions. Especially in the last years he developed and implemented digital agendas for banks around the globe. His projects reached from the set-up of digital factories and the re-design of customer journeys to the development of new disruptive business models.
Prior to joining Bain in 2004, he was a partner with another global consulting firm in Frankfurt.
Dirk is a graduate of the University of Mannheim, where he received a degree in Business Administration. He earned his PhD in business administration analyzing activities of private equity companies in Germany.
- “Banks in the Age of Covid-19: Protect, Serve and Build Resilience,” Brief, abril 01, 2020
- “As Banks Pursue Digital Transformation, Many Struggle to Profit from It,” Brief, mayo 01, 2019
- “Dirk Vater: Customer Loyalty in Retail Banking—The Threat from Technology Firms,” Video, diciembre 21, 2017
- “From Ugly Duckling to EnVogue: Commerzbank Luring Suitors,” Bloomberg, septiembre 22, 2017, Banking
- “Bain & Company's Vater on Digital Banking,” Bloomberg TV, mayo 15, 2016, Banking