Dr. Dirk Vater is a partner in Bain & Company's Frankfurt office. He leads the firm's Financial Services practice in EMEA. He is also a member of the leadership team of Bain's global Digital practice.
Dirk has more than 25 years of management consulting experience in financial services institutions.
He advises clients around the globe in major transformation programs and in strategy development, especially for retail banking, wealth management, SME and corporate banking.
In the last decade, Dirk particularly focused on digitalization projects for global financial institutions. Especially in the last years he developed and implemented digital agendas for banks around the globe. His projects reached from the set-up of digital factories and the re-design of customer journeys to the development of new disruptive business models.
Prior to joining Bain in 2004, he was a partner with another global consulting firm in Frankfurt.
Dirk is a graduate of the University of Mannheim, where he received a degree in Business Administration. He earned his PhD in business administration analyzing activities of private equity companies in Germany.
- “As Banks Pursue Digital Transformation, Many Struggle to Profit from It,” 論説, 2019年5月1日
- “Banks Should Merge Physical and Digital Assets,” Business Day, 2015年12月15日, 記事
- “Further, Faster: Mastering Digital Reinvention in Retail Banking,” 論説, 2015年3月11日
- “How Banks Can Prime Themselves for Digital Transformation,” American Banker, 2014年7月15日, 記事
- “Building the Retail Bank of the Future,” 論説, 2014年6月18日