Edmund Lin is a partner in Bain & Company's Singapore office. He is the leader of Bain's global Financial Services practice.
Ed has more than 25 years of consulting experience with Bain, advising the world's leading financial institutions on their most critical business issues. Under his leadership, Financial Services has been one of the largest and fastest growing practices within the firm.
Ed works extensively with leading global and domestic financial institutions across Asia, Europe and the United States spanning growth strategies, mergers and acquisitions and large transformation programs. His areas of expertise also include strategic planning, change management and organization design.
Ed joined Bain's San Francisco office in 1990 and relocated to Singapore in 1994 to help found the firm's Southeast Asia practice.
Outside of Bain, Ed serves on the Singapore Management University Board of Trustees and also chairs the Audit Committee. Ed also serves as Chairman of SMU Lee Kong Chian School of Business Advisory Board. Ed is a member of Young Presidents Organization and leads the Lin Foundation together with his wife, Trina Liang-Lin.
Ed has an MBA from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management (with distinction, Beta Gamma Sigma) and a BS degree in business administration from the University of California at Berkeley.
- “Banking Regtechs to the Rescue?,” Brief, septiembre 18, 2016
- “You've Heard of Fintech, Get Ready for "Regtech",” American Banker, septiembre 06, 2016, Article
- “For Commercial Banks, a Better Route to "All Aboard",” Brief, mayo 10, 2016
- “Banking on mergers in Asian financial services,” Brief, marzo 14, 2006
- “Good business to give credit where it's due,” The Business Times, agosto 24, 2004, Article