David Harding is an advisory partner in Bain & Company's Boston office and the former leader of Bain's Global Mergers & Acquisitions practice. He is also a leader in the firm's Corporate Finance practice.
He began his career at Bain working in a variety of consumer durable and consumable companies cutting his teeth on a variety of marketing, sales, supply chain and strategy cases. He is also a founding member of Bain's Consumer Products practice.
David co-authored Mastering the Merger, published by Harvard Business Press. This well-received book lays out the fundamental disciplines that expert practioners deploy to increase their odds of deal success.
David speaks and writes frequently on M&A and strategy issues. He has co-authored eight articles in Harvard Business Review and has written for the Wall Street Journal, Forbes and other international publications. Prior to joining Bain, he was a Certified Public Accountant with Arthur Andersen & Company.
He earned an MBA from Harvard Business School. Mr. Harding is a graduate of the University of Cincinnati where he received a bachelor of business administration.
- “Expanding M&A Options for New Capabilities,” M&A Report, 16.02.2021 , Report
- “2020 Year in Review: The Surprising Resilience of M&A,” M&A Report, 16.02.2021 , Report
- “Letter from the Bain M&A Team: How Did You Deal?,” M&A Report, 16.02.2021 , Report
- “Letter from the Bain M&A Team: A Year of Resilience,” Report, 15.01.2020
- “State of M&A: Momentum amid Caution,” Report, 15.01.2020