David Harding is an advisory partner in Bain & Company's Boston office and the former leader of Bain's Global Mergers & Acquisitions practice. He is also a leader in the firm's Corporate Finance practice.
He began his career at Bain working in a variety of consumer durable and consumable companies cutting his teeth on a variety of marketing, sales, supply chain and strategy cases. He is also a founding member of Bain's Consumer Products practice.
David co-authored Mastering the Merger, published by Harvard Business Press. This well-received book lays out the fundamental disciplines that expert practioners deploy to increase their odds of deal success.
David speaks and writes frequently on M&A and strategy issues. He has co-authored eight articles in Harvard Business Review and has written for the Wall Street Journal, Forbes and other international publications. Prior to joining Bain, he was a Certified Public Accountant with Arthur Andersen & Company.
He earned an MBA from Harvard Business School. Mr. Harding is a graduate of the University of Cincinnati where he received a bachelor of business administration.
- “Letter from the M&A Team: Beneath the M&A Headlines,” M&A Report, 2022年2月8日, レポート
- “State of the M&A Market ,” M&A Report, 2022年2月8日, レポート
- “Bain’s Bedrock Beliefs on How to Create Value from M&A,” M&A Report, 2022年2月8日, レポート
- “Expanding M&A Options for New Capabilities,” M&A Report, 2021年2月16日, レポート
- “2020 Year in Review: The Surprising Resilience of M&A,” M&A Report, 2021年2月16日, レポート
In the News
- “M&A is back: 2021 saw the highest M&A deal value in history, exceeding expectations at nearly $6 trillion,” Press release, 2022年2月8日