David Harding is an advisory partner in Bain & Company's Boston office and the former leader of Bain's Global Mergers & Acquisitions practice. He is also a leader in the firm's Corporate Finance practice.
He began his career at Bain working in a variety of consumer durable and consumable companies cutting his teeth on a variety of marketing, sales, supply chain and strategy cases. He is also a founding member of Bain's Consumer Products practice.
David co-authored Mastering the Merger, published by Harvard Business Press. This well-received book lays out the fundamental disciplines that expert practioners deploy to increase their odds of deal success.
David speaks and writes frequently on M&A and strategy issues. He has co-authored eight articles in Harvard Business Review and has written for the Wall Street Journal, Forbes and other international publications. Prior to joining Bain, he was a Certified Public Accountant with Arthur Andersen & Company.
He earned an MBA from Harvard Business School. Mr. Harding is a graduate of the University of Cincinnati where he received a bachelor of business administration.
- “M&A – Erfolgsrezept in unsicheren Zeiten,” Report, 13. März 2019
- “What U.S. CEOs Should Do with the Money from Corporate Tax Cuts,” HBR.org, 1. Februar 2018, Artikel
- “Strategy in the Age of Superabundant Capital,” Harvard Business Review, 28. Februar 2017, Artikel
- “Finding the way forward when growth stalls,” The Business Times, 28. April 2015, Artikel
- “Repeatable M&A in Consumer Goods,” Brief, 18. März 2015