- Leader of Oil & Gas and Public Sector practices in South America
José de Sá is a partner based in Bain & Company's Rio de Janeiro office. He joined Bain in 2008 and has more than 20 years of management consulting experience.
José has worked with the top management of many large national and multinational groups across a range of industries, including oil & gas, petrochemicals, energy and consumer goods. He has also worked in the public sector at the federal, state and municipal levels, as well as trade and development institutions in the Americas, Europe and Africa.
In the oil & gas downstream sector, José has led assignments in corporate and business unit strategy, as well as strategic due diligences regarding market focus, target feedstock and product mix, plant configuration and capex budget of downstream projects. He has also focused on downstream integration with lubes, petrochemicals and retail, optimization of S&OP processes, M&A strategy, divestment and shutdown strategy, organizational improvement, commercial excellence, operational excellence and logistics optimization.
He holds an MBA from the Johnson School of Cornell University, where he served as a teaching assistant in financial strategy and was also a founding member of the Latin American Business Association (LABA). He additionally holds a degree in chemical engineering from Universidade Federal da Bahia.
José has lived in both the USA and Chile, holds dual Brazilian and French citizenship and is fluent in English, Portuguese, Spanish and French.
- “Downstream Resilience in Refining,” Webinar, 01.12.2020
- “Next Generation Industrial Performance Post COVID-19,” Webinar, 20.08.2020
- “How Refiners Can Capture the Benefits of the Energy Transition and Digitalization,” Brief, 20.03.2019
- “José de Sá: How Refiners Can Navigate the Challenges of the Energy Transition,” Video, 02.11.2018
- “José de Sá: Conquering the Food Challenge through Agriculture 3.0,” Video, 30.07.2018