Karl has more than 15 years of consulting experience. His primary focus at Bain is on supporting retail clients across a range of topics including performance improvement, growth and customer strategy, category management, marketing and promotional effectiveness, and mergers and acquisitions (M&A). Karl has particularly deep experience in the warehouse club, convenience, grocery, and mass merchant retail channels.
In addition to client work, Karl leads Bain’s global recruiting at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth and is actively involved in Bain’s global training activities.
He joined Bain's Boston office in 2006 as a summer associate and returned full-time in 2007. Prior to Bain, Karl was an analyst at a boutique strategy consulting firm supporting private equity investors and hedge funds with strategic due diligence.
He holds an MBA from the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth and a BS in Finance from NYU Stern School of Business.
- “Growth for Both: How US Brands and Retailers Grow the Profit Pool for All ,” Brief, 10.06.2021
- “How Customer-Led Category Management Can Transform Retail,” Article, 12.05.2021
- “The Future of US Grocery: Maintaining the Momentum,” Brief, 09.11.2020
- “The Future of Retail: A Survival Guide for Regional Grocers,” Brief, 13.02.2020
- “Funding the Future of Retail Through Cost Transformation,” Brief, 16.06.2019