Martin has more than 10 years of consulting experience with Bain. He has worked across all of Bain's Nordic offices in addition to the firm's Shanghai and Hong Kong offices.
Martin has extensive experience advising clients in the financial services industry, with particular expertise in the small and midsize enterprise (SME) banking sector. He holds deep expertise in working with financial investors on diligence, value creation and fund strategy topics across the Nordics and EMEA.
As part of the Copenhagen leadership team, Martin has helped drive a focused effort on learning and sustainability of the Copenhagen consulting and support staff, including personal career plans and individual sponsorship of the team from partners and managers.
Martin holds an MSc in Econometrics & Finances from Copenhagen Business School.
- “Small Is Not Medium: Banks Discover Laws of the Ecosystem Jungle,” Brief, 06.07.2021
- “Banks Start To Crack the Small Business Ecosystem,” Forbes.com, 10.04.2018 , Article
- “Small Business Ecosystems: Banks' Next Challenge,” Brief, 19.03.2018
- “Martin Tornes: A Guide to Winning SME Banking Strategies,” Video, 05.07.2016
- “How Banks Can Defend Their Weakened Franchise in Small Business Lending,” Forbes.com, 01.04.2016 , Article