At the heart of the computing, mobility and communications revolution is the semiconductor, a technology that has been profoundly transformative, changing how we work, play, learn, communicate and so much more. Semiconductors will continue to play a critical role in advancing breakthrough technologies, including artificial intelligence, cloud computing, autonomous driving, IoT and global 5G deployment. We have decades of experience helping semiconductor companies capitalize on these trends, with clients ranging from the world's largest foundries to leading integrated design manufacturers. We can help you optimize your strategy and performance and make the right moves to win in these dynamic times.
How We Can Help
How We Can Help
We are one of the world's leading consulting firms for the global semiconductor industry. We have worked with 8 of the world’s Top 10 tech companies and 6 of the world’s Top 10 semiconductor companies, on everything from enterprise strategy to M&A to product development and go-to-market strategy.
Our global team has deep expertise in the most important issues facing semiconductor companies today, including:
- Leading-edge insights into artificial intelligence. The combination of AI and Big Data is fueling the rise of parallel computing, including the creation of hardware accelerators that can mitigate the slowing of Moore’s Law.
- A deep understanding of the intersection of cloud computing and semiconductors. We help semiconductor companies determine how cloud adoption is affecting product development, organizational structures, market outlooks and operations, from the back office to the front lines.
- A field-tested approach for unlocking the value of the Internet of Things. The exponential growth of real-time data is driving significant research into new chip architectures and materials. We can help you determine which IoT trends are most relevant to your strategy.
- Hands-on experience helping semiconductor companies disrupt the automotive industry. We help our clients adapt and capitalize on the heightened demands of autonomous driving, including the need for compute-intensive Si at the edge.
- Strategies for responding rapidly to the demand shifts and supply chain disruptions posed by Covid-19, while simultaneously preparing for a post-pandemic recovery. We can help you quickly adjust to current market realities and capitalize on accelerated demand trends.
- Time-tested experience with manufacturing excellence, helping the world’s largest semiconductor manufacturers optimize their global factories.
- Extensive experience in cost transformations, helping our clients simplify, refocus and strengthen their organizations. Our approach is both holistic and customizable, enabling you to cultivate, reward and continually improve a sustainable cost management culture.
- Industry-leading expertise in software private equity investing, enabling us to help PE firms craft portfolio strategies that identify and seize the most promising semiconductor opportunities. We have advised on more than 90% of U.S semiconductor PE deals over $500M over the past 20 years, and over 70% of large-scale Semi PE deals in APAC and Europe.
- Unmatched M&A capabilities, from due diligence and post-merger integration to divestitures, spin-offs, joint ventures and alliances.
We work with companies across all facets of semiconductor design (logic, memory, anaog/mixed signal/discrete, electronic design automation) and semiconductor manufacturing (capital equipment, IDM/foundry, assembly, test and packaging) to understand and capitalize on trends, build scale and capacity, grow organically and through M&A, and optimize cost structures, operations, and go-to-market strategies.
Featured Team Members
Private Equity Due DiligencePrivate Equity Due Diligence
Determine a target’s full potential and provide a clear post-acquisition agenda.
Cloud ComputingCloud Computing
Our broad expertise ensures that, whatever promise cloud may hold for you, we can help you maximize its potential.
Internet of Things (IoT)Internet of Things (IoT)
We work with customers to understand and unlock the value of IoT, and we also help IoT and Analytics vendors focus their resources and determine which battlegrounds they can most effectively compete on.