Bain helps all types of Software companies make the right moves to win in a dynamic and increasingly competitive environment. We bring an integrated set of capabilities to the industry, spanning M&A, product strategy, go-to-market, change management and much more to help all types of software companies succeed: enterprise and consumer, mature on-premise and fast-growing SaaS vendors, cloud and infrastructure providers, private equity firms and non-software companies looking to enhance their current offerings with data and software layers.
What We Do
What We Do
Bain brings a comprehensive strategic approach to the full range of value-creation levers available to software businesses. We have worked with 8 of the top 10 packaged software vendors, 8 of the top 10 infrastructure software developers, 5 of the top 7 applications development and deployment leaders, and almost every top-tier private equity fund focused on software, both in the US and Europe. We have also worked with the software divisions of all the leading US tech majors in support of their software strategies and operations.
Our global software consulting team has deep expertise in the most important issues facing software companies today, with offerings including:
- Our Software Value-Creation playbook, a detailed methodology that will help your company join the elite ranks of those that consistently achieve the Rule of 40 measure of performance
- A field-tested approach for business model transformation, including hardware to software, on-premises to SaaS, and overall business performance transformation
- Pragmatic, value-driven thought leadership in cloud computing, working with established and next-generation technology companies to integrate cloud opportunities into product development and go-to-market strategies, M&A opportunities and investment decisions
- Industry-leading expertise in software private equity investing, enabling us to help PE firms craft portfolio strategies that identify and seize the most promising software opportunities
- Unmatched M&A capabilities, from due diligence and post-merger integration to divestitures, spin-offs, joint ventures and alliances
These offerings are enhanced by our partnership with OPEXEngine, which combines our software consulting expertise and tailored approach with OPEXEngine’s industry-leading proprietary benchmarking platform. The unique insights created by our custom benchmarking approach help our software clients:
- Accelerate the decisions needed to design a transformation strategy, optimize a product portfolio, drive engineering efficiency or improve go-to-market performance
- Build stronger M&A and private equity outcomes through better-informed due diligence and post-acquisition operational improvements
- Manage a portfolio of software businesses informed by like-for-like, high-impact metrics