Andrew Schwedel is a partner with Bain & Company in New York, and he has also worked in the firm's Boston, Sydney and San Francisco offices.
Andrew is a senior member of Bain's Financial Services practice. He also leads the firm's Macro Trends Group, which analyzes global macroeconomic and other trends for Bain's clients, as well as Bain Insights, which focuses on developing firm-level implications based on external trends.
Andrew has more than 15 years' experience collaborating with senior leaders to address their most pressing challenges. He has particular expertise in the financial services sector, where he has assisted both corporate and private equity clients in the brokerage, asset management, banking, consumer finance and insurance (life, health and P&C) industries. His experience includes growth strategy (corporate and business unit), turnarounds, operational improvement, M&A assessments, organizational effectiveness and outsourcing/offshoring. He has led significant cost reduction programs for insurance and brokerage clients.
Prior to joining Bain in 1996, Andrew worked as an insurance broker with Marsh & McLennan in New York. He earned an MBA from the Amos Tuck School at Dartmouth, where he was named an Edward Tuck Scholar, and is also a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania.
- “Insurers: How to Lead in the New Era of Connectivity,” Report, septiembre 26, 2019
- “From Shareholder Primacy to Scale Insurgency,” Article, agosto 30, 2019
- “Scale vs. Intimacy,” Article, agosto 28, 2019
- “Is the Professional Management System Broken?,” Article, mayo 08, 2019
- “Becoming a Scale Insurgent,” Article, marzo 25, 2019