Andrew Schwedel is a partner and senior member of our Financial Services practice, based in New York.
He also leads our Macro Trends Group, which analyzes global macroeconomic and other trends for Bain's clients, as well as Bain Futures, which focuses on developing firm-level implications based on external trends.
Andrew has more than 15 years' experience collaborating with senior leaders to address their most pressing challenges. He has particular expertise in the financial services sector, where he has assisted both corporate and private equity clients in the brokerage, asset management, banking, consumer finance and insurance (life, health and P&C) industries. His experience includes growth strategy (corporate and business unit), turnarounds, operational improvement, M&A assessments, organizational effectiveness and outsourcing/offshoring. He has led significant cost reduction programs for insurance and brokerage clients.
Andrew previously worked in our Boston, Sydney and San Francisco offices.
Prior to joining Bain in 1996, Andrew worked as an insurance broker with Marsh & McLennan in New York. He earned an MBA from the Amos Tuck School at Dartmouth, where he was named an Edward Tuck Scholar, and is also a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania.
- “Businesses are Thriving, Societies are Not. Time for Urgent Change,” World Economic Forum, January 2020
- “Insurers: How to Lead in the New Era of Connectivity,” Report, September 2019
- “From Shareholder Primacy to Scale Insurgency,” Article, August 2019
- “Scale vs. Intimacy,” Article, August 2019
- “Is the Professional Management System Broken?,” Article, May 2019