Aerospace, defense and government services firms face a dynamic environment marked by industry consolidation, new competitors, fluctuating fuel prices, technical innovation and uncertainty about government spending. Bain has helped clients in more than 100 different subsectors of the aerospace, defense and space markets address these and other pressing industry challenges and develop strategies to meet and exceed their growth targets.
What We Do
What We Do
- Digital: Demystify digital and focus on practical, immediate steps that set you on a path to digital leadership.
- Cost: Whether you need to rapidly capture cost savings opportunities, zero-base your budget or strategically transform your cost structure, Bain can help.
- Operations: Reimagine your operations—from supply chain to procurement—to unlock growth, reduce costs and unleash your strategy.
- Strategy: Since Bain’s founding in 1973, strategy has been our core business. We work with companies to develop strategies that deliver results.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Improve your odds of successful M&A through an integrated, battle-tested approach that links acquisition strategy, commercial diligence and merger integration.
- Organization: Ensure your organization is set up to deliver on your company’s strategy.
Bain’s experience in the aerospace and defense industries covers all major geographies and business issues. We have worked with the majority of the world’s largest aerospace companies and defense contractors; we also work with a wide range of tier I and II suppliers. Coordination with Bain’s Airlines practice provides us with a unique perspective on commercial aerospace and customers.
Across all segments, A&D companies are facing structural change including industry consolidation and the development of new business models. We understand the key strategic issues facing the industry, and have developed expertise across every major sector, including:
- Commercial aerospace (including commercial, regional and business aircraft OEMs and suppliers)
- Defense (including leading defense contractors and tier I/II suppliers)
- Space (including rockets, launch, sub-systems and communication providers)
- Government IT and technical services (ranging from mission engineering to BPO to MRO and training)