We are the leading consulting partner to the private equity industry and its key stakeholders, with a global practice more than three times larger than any competitor. Our network of more than 1,000 experienced professionals serves private equity and institutional investor clients across the investment life cycle, from deal generation and due diligence to portfolio value creation and exit planning.
What We Do
What We Do
In the past decade, Bain has advised on half of all buyout transactions worldwide valued at more than $500 million. And our work with private equity doesn’t stop with buyout funds. We work across fund types, including debt, infrastructure, real estate and hedge funds. We also work for many of the most prominent institutional investors, including sovereign wealth funds, pension funds, endowments and family investment offices. In fact, our practice is more than three times larger than that of the next-largest consulting firm serving private equity funds.
Our global network of more than 1,000 experienced professionals serves private equity and institutional investor clients in all regions of the world and across all major sectors—from consumer products and financial services to technology and industrial goods. Our expertise includes:
- Deal generation: We work alongside investors to develop the right investment thesis and enhance deal flow by profiling industries, screening targets and devising a plan to approach targets.
- Due diligence: We help investors make better deal decisions by performing due diligence, assessing revenue growth and cost-reduction opportunities to determine a target’s full potential, and providing a clear post-acquisition agenda.
- Value Creation Plan: Immediately after an acquisition we support the pursuit of rapid returns by developing strategic blueprints for acquired companies, leading workshops that align management with strategic priorities and directing focused initiatives. During the ownership phase, we help increase the value of portfolio companies by supporting revenue enhancement and cost-reduction initiatives and refreshing their value-creation plans.
- Exit planning: We help ensure that investors maximize returns by preparing for exit, identifying the optimal exit strategy, preparing the selling documents and prequalifying buyers.
- Firm and sector strategies: Working jointly with private equity firms, we help them develop a tailored strategy for continued excellence, and sharpen their focus on specific industry sectors.
- Institutional investor strategy: We work with institutional investors to develop top-performing alternative investment programs, including private equity, real estate and infrastructure asset classes. We also help them expand their participation in alternative assets through coinvestment and direct investing opportunities.
Bain provides a full range of services to support private equity, financial investors and portfolio companies:
Bain Private Equity Risk Assessment of Covid-19
Our interactive diagnostic can help you assess the actions your business should consider in response to the coronavirus crisis.Take our assessment
Private Equity Due DiligencePrivate Equity Due Diligence
Determine a target’s full potential and provide a clear post-acquisition agenda.
Powerful analytics that give investors the edge to invest confidently in a changing world.
Exit PlanningExit Planning
Consummate deals with a maximum return by preparing for exits, identifying the optimal exit strategy, preparing the selling documents and pre-qualifying buyers.
Global Private Equity Report 2020
Our 11th annual report shows that private equity posted another great year. But the game is getting harder.READ THE REPORT