He has more than 20 years of experience advising top business leaders across a number of industries, including retail, technology, oil & gas, and utilities.
Jorge's consulting experience spans a number of functional areas, including corporate and business unit strategy, organizational design and effectiveness, customer, supplier and supply chain management, new product development, marketing, mergers & acquisitions, and post-acquisition integration.
He has helped numerous clients achieve significant shareholder returns by improving strategic and financial position, achieving operational excellence, and maximizing organizational effectiveness.
Jorge has worked extensively in the oil and gas industry across a broad array of industry segments including oil field services and equipment, exploration & production, refining & marketing and retail.
Jorge joined Bain in 1990 and was elected to the partnership in 1995. He helped found Bain’s Dallas office (1990) and later the Houston office (2010), where he served as the office’s managing partner.
Prior to working at Bain, Jorge worked in emerging technologies in the chemical processing industries and began his career with Shell Oil Company. He earned a PhD from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and an MBA from Harvard Business School.
He is a graduate of Arizona State University where he received a BS in engineering.
- “Managing the Energy Transition: Three Scenarios for Planning,” Brief, marzo 12, 2019
- “Energy Management in the Age of Disruptions,” Brief, mayo 24, 2017
- “What the Recent Oil Price Shock Teaches about Managing Uncertainty,” Brief, mayo 27, 2015
- “National oil companies reshape the playing field,” Brief, octubre 10, 2012
- “How CEOs can win in a carbon-regulated world,” The Economic Times, junio 21, 2010, Article