He has more than 20 years of experience advising top business leaders across a number of industries, including retail, technology, oil & gas, and utilities.
Jorge's consulting experience spans a number of functional areas, including corporate and business unit strategy, organizational design and effectiveness, customer, supplier and supply chain management, new product development, marketing, mergers & acquisitions, and post-acquisition integration.
He has helped numerous clients achieve significant shareholder returns by improving strategic and financial position, achieving operational excellence, and maximizing organizational effectiveness.
Jorge has worked extensively in the oil and gas industry across a broad array of industry segments including oil field services and equipment, exploration & production, refining & marketing and retail.
Jorge joined Bain in 1990 and was elected to the partnership in 1995. He helped found Bain’s Dallas office (1990) and later the Houston office (2010), where he served as the office’s managing partner.
Prior to working at Bain, Jorge worked in emerging technologies in the chemical processing industries and began his career with Shell Oil Company. He earned a PhD from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and an MBA from Harvard Business School.
He is a graduate of Arizona State University where he received a BS in engineering.
- “How Energy and Natural Resources Companies Are Responding to the Crisis in Ukraine,” Energy & Natural Resources Report, junho 14, 2022, Report
- “How Energy and Natural Resource Companies Are Responding to the Crisis in Ukraine,” Brief, abril 06, 2022
- “Aftershock: Managing through Disruptions in Energy and Commodities,” Brief, abril 06, 2022
- “Oil and Liquids Demand Scenarios Update: Tracking Key Signposts and Working Through the Trough,” Webinar, julho 07, 2020
- “Covid-19: Implications for Gas Demand,” Webinar, maio 08, 2020