Since joining Bain, Jason has worked with clients across real estate, manufacturing, retail, consumer products, agriculture, automotive, financial services, healthcare, tech and aerospace & defense. His experience includes growth strategy, cost reduction, merger integration and full business transformation.
Over the last 17 years, Jason has worked closely with change-oriented management teams and activist investors to drive large-scale cost transformation programs. This work has included a "clean-sheet" zero-based redesign of a $30B consumer company and the installation of full zero-based budgeting systems in CPG, global technology and drug distribution.
Jason also has deep expertise in indirect procurement, business process redesign, functional G&A optimization and manufacturing footprint realignment.
He has been cited in several business journals, including Forbes and The Wall Street Journal on zero-based budgeting and cost transformation.
Jason holds master's degrees in development studies and technology policy from the London School of Economics & Political Science and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, respectively. He also earned a bachelor's degree in industrial engineering from Kansas State University.
- “Why Retooling Requires a Zero-Based Cost Management System ,” Brief, octubre 16, 2020
- “Retooling for the New Cost Imperative ,” Brief, agosto 26, 2020
- “Resetting Your Cost Structure for the New Normal,” Webinar, junio 10, 2020
- “Radical Change through Zero-Based Redesign,” Brief, marzo 18, 2020
- “Jason Heinrich: Three Game-Changing Ways to Make Cost Savings Stick,” Video, noviembre 12, 2018