- Managing Partner, Bain Germany
- Member of the Global Board of Directors
- Leading consultant for the financial services sector
Walter Sinn is the managing partner of Bain & Company's offices in Germany, based in Frankfurt. He is a leader in Bain's Financial Services practice, with deep expertise in the Banking sector, and also serves on the firm's Board of Directors.
Walter has been managing Bain's business in Germany since 2014. Since then, the company has not only almost doubled its revenues and head count in the region, but has also achieved above-average growth in the important banking, insurance, automotive, and machinery and equipment sectors.
Under the leadership of Walter, the firm has expanded its physical presence, opening a fourth office in Germany in 2018, located in Berlin. The office focuses on digital transformation, a priority for the firm, serving as one of two Bain Digital Discovery hubs worldwide and the European headquarters for Bain’s Advanced Digital and Product Team (ADAPT@Bain®).
Walter has more than 25 years of management consulting experience, working with senior executives and management teams to address their most pressing strategic issues.
He advises business leaders across a range of banking sectors. He has extensive expertise in strategy development and transformation programs, including post-merger integration, turnaround management and reorganization.
Walter formerly led Bain's Financial Services and Banking practice groups in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
In 2015, Walter, together with Manager Magazin, launched the renowned "Game Changer Award", which recognizes companies that are digital lighthouses.
Prior to joining Bain, he was a senior partner at another global consulting firm.
Walter holds a degree in business administration from University of Mannheim and is a graduate of ESSEC in Paris.
- “Davos 2019: Making Transformation Work,” Video, 25.01.2019
- “Germany's banks in 2018: Faster, stronger... and more profitable?,” Brief, 18.12.2018
- “Video: Walter Sinn und Dr. Wilhelm Schmundt: Germany's Banks 2018,” Video, 18.12.2018
- “Davos 2018: Cautious Optimism,” Video, 23.01.2018
- “Walter Sinn and Dr. Wilhelm Schmundt: Germany’s Banks 2017,” Video, 18.12.2017