Satish Shankar is the regional managing partner of Bain & Company Asia-Pacific. He is the leader of Bain's APAC Agribusiness practice, as well as an expert in the firm's Advanced Manufacturing & Services, Airlines & Transportation, Energy & Natural Resources and Mergers & Acquisitions practices.
Since joining Bain in 1997, Satish has worked across a wide range of engagements, including portfolio, business unit, turnaround and market entry strategies, operational excellence and M&A. He also holds deep experience in due diligence, post-merger integration and emerging markets strategy.
Satish's robust client portfolio includes international and multinational corporate clients, as well as entrepreneurs and family businesses.
Previously, Satish served as office head of Bain Southeast Asia. Under his leadership, the firm experienced double-digit regional growth and transformed new offices in Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand into some of our most successful growth pillars.
He received an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad and a B.Tech in chemical engineering (First Class with Distinction) from Anna University, Madras.
- “World Economy Working From Home Gets a Glimpse of the Virtual Future,” Bloomberg, abril 15, 2020
- “Engine 1 and Engine 2,” Video, diciembre 04, 2018
- “Mission-Critical Roles in Family Business,” Video, diciembre 04, 2018
- “Investing in a Sustainable Future,” Video, diciembre 04, 2018
- “Preparing for the Digital Age in ASEAN,” Video, diciembre 04, 2018