Satish Shankar is the managing partner of Bain & Company's Southeast Asia region, including the growing roster of offices in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok and Jakarta. He is the leader of Bain's Asia Pacific Agribusiness practice, as well as an expert in the firm's Advanced Manufacturing & Services, Airlines & Transportation, Energy & Natural Resources and Mergers & Acquisitions practices.
Since joining Bain in 1997, Satish has worked across a wide range of engagements, including portfolio, business unit, turnaround and market entry strategies, operational excellence and M&A.
He received an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad and a B.Tech in chemical engineering (First Class with Distinction) from Anna University, Madras.
- “Can Agribusiness Reinvent Itself to Capture the Future?,” Brief, March 2016
- “Sometimes Companies Need to Break Up Too. Is It Time to Split Up?,” Bangkok Post, March 2015, Article
- “Sometimes Companies Need to Break Up Too,” The Edge Markets, February 2015, Article
- “Sometimes, Firms Need to Break Up Too,” The Business Times, February 2015, Article
- “The renaissance in mergers and acquisitions: How to make your deals successful,” Brief, May 2013