Satish Shankar is the regional managing partner of Bain & Company Asia-Pacific. He is the leader of Bain's APAC Agribusiness practice, as well as an expert in the firm's Advanced Manufacturing & Services, Airlines & Transportation, Energy & Natural Resources and Mergers & Acquisitions practices.
Since joining Bain in 1997, Satish has worked across a wide range of engagements, including portfolio, business unit, turnaround and market entry strategies, operational excellence and M&A. He also holds deep experience in due diligence, post-merger integration and emerging markets strategy.
Business leaders need to consider how they should lead the recovery in a post-Covid world. They will have to balance the twin responsibilities of steering their companies through a challenging period and delivering returns for their shareholders, while practicing a kinder form of capitalism.
Satish's robust client portfolio includes international and multinational corporate clients, as well as entrepreneurs and family businesses.
Previously, Satish served as office head of Bain Southeast Asia. Under his leadership, the firm experienced double-digit regional growth and transformed new offices in Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand into some of our most successful growth pillars.
He received an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad and a B.Tech in chemical engineering (First Class with Distinction) from Anna University, Madras.
- “Private investors ‘largely on board’ with transition to sustainable infrastructure: Bain & Co.,” CNBC TV Squawk Box Asia, giugno 2021, Agribusiness
- “Bold steps needed for businesses to unlock Southeast Asia’s green economy ,” Video, giugno 2021
- “ The future of work in 2021 and beyond report,” MoneyFM 89.3, gennaio 2021
- “Southeast Asia's Green Economy: A Trillion-Dollar Opportunity,” Video, dicembre 2020
- “The green economy: Unlocking a more sustainable future in Southeast Asia,” Press release, novembre 2020