Satish Shankar is the regional managing partner of Bain & Company Asia-Pacific. He is the leader of Bain's APAC Agribusiness practice, as well as an expert in the firm's Advanced Manufacturing & Services, Airlines & Transportation, Energy & Natural Resources and Mergers & Acquisitions practices.
Since joining Bain in 1997, Satish has worked across a wide range of engagements, including portfolio, business unit, turnaround and market entry strategies, operational excellence and M&A. He also holds deep experience in due diligence, post-merger integration and emerging markets strategy.
Satish's robust client portfolio includes international and multinational corporate clients, as well as entrepreneurs and family businesses.
Previously, Satish served as office head of Bain Southeast Asia. Under his leadership, the firm experienced double-digit regional growth and transformed new offices in Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand into some of our most successful growth pillars.
He received an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad and a B.Tech in chemical engineering (First Class with Distinction) from Anna University, Madras.
- “[INTERVIEW] Korean banks urged to pursue M&As in Southeast Asia,” The Korea Times, 2019년10월14일, 금융 서비스
- “SEA is an 'attractive' alternative supply chain base: Bain & Company,” CNBC, 2018년11월23일
- “Can Agribusiness Reinvent Itself to Capture the Future?,” Brief, 2016년3월23일
- “Sometimes Companies Need to Break Up Too. Is It Time to Split Up?,” Bangkok Post, 2015년3월23일, Article
- “Sometimes Companies Need to Break Up Too,” The Edge Markets, 2015년2월25일, Article